How pretty! I wonder how hard this is to grow…
Romanesco is a cross between broccoli and cauliflower! It feels more like a cauliflower though, looking much like a flower but with a fractal design. It truly is beautiful!
So how do I use this superfood?
Check out this recipe:
Recipe #1 Roasted Romanesco
- 1 Romanesco Head
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (Romano/Parmesan)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Two or Three pinches of black pepper
- Hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Cover your baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Break Romanesco, into small(er) pieces and spread onto the set baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil, salt, black pepper, and the shredded cheese of your choice.
- Roast in the oven until nice and tender, roughly 15 to 20 minutes.
Final step: ENJOY
Let us know how it turns out: email@example.com